Whatsapp, a cross-platform mobile messaging app that allows users to exchange messages without having to pay SMS charges and available for mobile phones such as iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Phone and Nokia’s S60 or S40 series has recently introduce the Whatsapp Web which lets you the same thing, on your desktop or laptop, be it windows or Mac, it just doesn’t matter as long as you have the most recent versions of the modern browsers; Firefox, Chrome, Opera or Safari. This article seeks to show you how to setup and use whatsapp web on your computer (Desktop or Laptop)
How does this Work?
Be sure Whatsapp is installed on your phone or tablet and you have internet connectivity on your phone and the computer (desktop or laptop) simultaneously:
- On your computer, open the browser and type in http://web.Whatsapp.com in the address bar and hit enter.
- You should have the same view as below
- A simple home page with a QR Code with instructions and an option to keep the user signed in.
- Use WIFI if available to reduce amount of data usage.
- Now go back to your mobile device and open the Whatsapp application.
- Depending on your mobile type and operating system, you will have to open the Whatsapp Web function.
- For iPhone iOS: tap the Settings tab, then tap “Whatsapp Web.”
- Android: tap the Menu button, then tap “Whatsapp Web.”
- Blackberry 10: Swipe down from the top of the main screen and tap “Whatsapp Web.”
- Blackberry 9 or older: Tap “Chats,” then “Menu,” then “Whatsapp Web.”
- Windows Phone: tap the Menu button, then tap “Whatsapp Web.”
- Nokia S60: tap the Menu button, then tap “Whatsapp Web.”
- Nokia S40: Swipe up from the bottom of the main screen and tap “Whatsapp Web.”
- Below Screen come up on your mobile device.
- Tab/Click OK, GOT IT and you will get the QR code scanner and make sure the scanner captures the full QR code on your computer
- And BINGO a replica of your Whatsapp contacts, conversations is there live on your computer screen.
You can also set the browser notification for your computer in the case your Whatsapp Web tab or windows isn’t the active one (that is while doing other things on your computer)
TO ACTIVATE BROWSER NOTIFICATION:
- click the Menu button in the WhatsApp Web interface
- then click “Notifications.”
- On this page you can enable or disable notifications altogether, select whether they play an audible alert, or mute notifications for an hour, a day, or a whole week.
With notification enabled, a new message will appear as small alerts in the corner of your screen
WhatsApp for Web now lets you delete and archive one-on-one chats, and also perform additional commands such as archive group chats, as well as mute or leave them.
It’s also now possible to change your profile photo and status via the Web version – it’s just a matter of hovering over the icons to bring up the edit option.
From text messaging to video call and now, Whatsapp for Desktop/Laptop Web, we are on the look out to see what next the Whatsapp team bring our way.
Let us know below how helpful;/useful this article has been to your in the comment section.