Please review the Terms & Conditions carefully before registering.
Please check the rules box at the end of your registration to complete your application.
Some important rules to note:
• Bots must be created, and will be verified, between February 15, 2017 to April 28, 2017. Bots created before February 15, 2017 will not be eligible to participate.
• Bots must comply with all Facebook for developers Messenger Platform developer guidelines and rules, and use the Messenger Platform API.
• Bots must be created on the Facebook Messenger Platform (but entrant may use any third-party tool to create or add functionality). Bots on any other platform will not be accepted.
• Bots must be created by people in the Entrant’s home region of either (i) the Middle East and North Africa or (ii) Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Bots may be in any language (or combination of languages). Only the Bot Submission must be entirely in English.
• It is optional to submit a link to an online video of the bot, but if you do, the video must be under 2 minutes long.
• Bots can be submitted by an individual, a team of up to 3 people, or as an organization.
• Technical Quality – How well does the Bot use the Messenger platform features? [35%]
• Non-Technical Quality – What is the degree of excellence of the Bot, taking into account the Bot’s distinctive attributes and characteristics (except for the technical aspects)? [35%]
• User Experience – How useable is the Bot for the intended audience, including how well the conversation flows? [30%]